Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Slackerness and Books We Just Can't Get Into

So I have decided I am the world's worst blogger. Really. I own that title. What self-respecting author sucks as bad as I do? I haven't been idle. Just not blogging. I have written a book since my last post. A historical YA romance set in a gold boomtown. I love the story. Hopefully one day soon I can query it! I will be better. I promise.

Now. What are some of the books you've started but just can't get into. No matter how much you want to? You can say mine. I won't cry. Too much.

For me, and the inspiration for this post, it is The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern.  Three times I have tried. And failed. It really bums me out too because I have heard a ton of good things about it.

Sadly I think a lot of it has to do with the Third Person Present Tense. I'm a fan of present tense. I use it a lot in my own writing but always in first person. I've never read a book like this before. Hard for some reason.

I will keep trying though!
So tell me, any books you had issues with? Despite wanting to read them?

No comments:

Post a Comment